10 lines on Plants:: On our Earth, we see plants in the form of trees, herbs, bushes, grasses, vines, ferns, mosses, and green algae.
The subject Botany teaches the lifecycle of different types of plants and trees in our mother earth. There are nearly 350,000 extant (living) species of plants. But, we do not include Fungi and non-green algae in the category of plants.
Our article explains the importance of plants in the following 10 lines on Plants.
We know that most plants grow in the ground, with stems in the air and roots below the surface.
However, some types of plants are floating on water. In these plants, the root part absorbs water and some nutrients for living and growing.
If you want to know more about plants, you must read the following 10 lines on Plants.
10 lines on Plants:
- Plants are essential for maintaining the ecosystem of our planet.
- There are nearly 3 lakh species of plants on our Earth.
- The plants in Amazon forests generate 20% of oxygen.
- In botany, you can study the life of plants and their origin.
- The ozone layer is formed by the supply of oxygen from plants, trees, and natural vegetation.
- With the help of sunlight, Plants produce their food through the photosynthesis process.
- Different species of plants survive all living beings in the world.
- During respiration, plants release oxygen and absorb carbon dioxide.
- The aquatic plants survive aquatic species.
- Plants absorb harmful gases in the atmosphere and keep our environment clean.
Few lines on Plants:
- Sunlight, carbon dioxide, minerals, and water are essential for making food during photosynthesis.
- Chlorophyll gives green pigment to plants by trapping the energy from the Sun.
- You can able to see plant leaves in different shapes and sizes. This is due to capturing solar energy.
- Plants transport food from the leaves to the other parts, such as stems and roots.
- Plants prepare food from Chlorophyll, mostly found in leaves, inside plastids inside the leaf cells.
- The world’s major species are likely to get their food from plants, trees, and natural vegetation.
- You can prepare medicine by using medicinal plants, herbs, and roots. Ayurvedic medicine is prepared with natural extracts.
- Scientists discovered bamboo is the tallest grass in the world.
- Soil and water are the necessary elements for growing plants on our Earth.
- Plants increase oxygen levels in the atmosphere of our planet.
Some sentences about Plants:
- The snake plant and ponytail palm require less water to survive in the world.
- Vascular and non-vascular are the two categories of plants available on our Earth.
- Plants and trees cover almost all areas of our planet. So, our atmosphere is covered by the ozone layer.
- Scientists discovered that bamboo is the fastest-growing plant in the world.
- Some plants are likely to eat insects and small animals. These species are mentioned as carnivorous plants.
- To prevent drying out, plants have a waxy layer on their surface.
- Aquatic plants providing enough oxygen to aquatic species like fishes, crabs, prawns, etc.
- The roots of the plants tightly hold the soil and help to prevent soil erosion.
- Plants reduce the temperature of our atmosphere and help with rainfall.
- We should use natural pesticides for growing plant crops on farming land.
We hope that this article will provide adequate information about plants. You should remember the above 10 lines on plants and spread the plants’ importance to all illiterate people in our society.
We request you to share your experience and thoughts about our article.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Answer – Using sunlight, plants prepare food from photosynthesis.
Answer – Aquatic animals get oxygen from aquatic plants in water.
Answer – Yes, carnivorous plants eat insects and animals. Venus flytrap, Drosera capensis, purple pitcher plant, California pitcher plant, etc., are examples of carnivorous plants.
Answer – Nearly 350000 plant species are available in many forests in the world. Among these, some species require less water, and some require more water to survive.
Answer – Yes, plants play a vital role in controlling air pollution in the world. It absorbs harmful gases in the atmosphere.
YOU MAY ALSO READ: