10 Points on Republic day:: Republic Day is an annual national holiday in India to commemorate the occasion when the constitution of India came into force on 26 January 1950 by replacing the British government of the day with a new constitutional government.
It was on this date that India became a fully independent nation. There are 10 Points on Republic day that denotes the several national holidays celebrated all around the year and one such is Republic Day; this holiday has become almost a universal celebration for those who enjoy their free lives.
10 Points on Republic day
- The main reason to celebrate Republic Day in India is the fact that it marks the day that India became a single nation under the leadership of Jawaharlal Nehru.
- During his time, India was ruled by the British and was subjected to many restrictions and injustices.
- As a result, there was a lot of unrest and dissatisfaction amongst the people of India and this discontent resulted in various riots in different parts of the country.
- In spite of the many wrongs that were done to the people of the country during the British rule, it was a single nation under the leadership of Nehru and so many people came to celebrate Republic Day.
- There are also celebrations like Dussehra in some areas of the country where Hindus, Jains, Sikhs and Christians came together for communal celebrations.
- This is to commemorate the arrival of the constitution of India.
Few Points on Republic day
- The President of India, Mr Atal Bihari Vajpayee, along with a group of dignitaries also observe this occasion on Republic day.
- The Vice-President of the Indian government, Mr Pranab Mukherjee also holds a ceremony on this day to hand over the flag of India to the prime minister.
- Also, on this day, all Indians celebrate the traditional festival of Diwali and give thanks to Lord Buddha for his teachings.
- Diwali is considered to be the largest festival in India in terms of its cultural importance and also its religious significance.
- Republic Day is an Indian national holiday.
- It honours the occasion when the constitution of India came to life with the passing of the constitution of the republic by the parliament of India on 26 January 1952.
- As per the constitution, it is observed on 1 January every year on the first and second day of the month of February.
- This occasion has been declared to be a constitutional holiday in all the states of India.
- On this occasion, citizens observe various activities, which are aimed to honour the constitutional system and the spirit of liberty, fraternity and democracy.
- Republic Day celebrations are also organized in Indian cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Lucknow and Mumbai.
Some sentence on Republic Day
- The official celebrations of Republic Day are celebrated in the various parts of India by the government and the central bodies, but most of the people celebrate the festival of Republic Day on their own.
- The majority of the Indians celebrate this holiday on their own.
- They usually organize various events in their homes, villages and towns in memory of the passing of this constitution and celebrate the day with pomp and show.
- Republic Day celebrations are celebrated in different countries of the world like the US, UK, Canada, Australia and even in some parts of Africa.
- There are many ways of celebrating this festival in different parts of the world.
- Most people celebrate it with full pomp and glory.
- The other celebrations like parades, fairs, festivals and dances are mostly organized by some other organizations.
- These celebrations are held on this day of the week, which is dedicated to displaying the various achievements of the country and also celebrate its freedom.
- There are a number of national holidays celebrated in the countries of the world like Christmas, New Year, Independence Day, etc.
- But none can match the charm and grandeur of Republic Day when compared to the huge celebrations organized on the same day of the month of February.
Celebrating Republic day is one of the most important festivals celebrated by India on that special day of New Year. There are 10 points on republic day that tells several ways to celebrate the occasion. Most of them are associated with food. The main festival which is celebrated on the day is the Diwali festival. Diwali is a festival that celebrates the victory of good over evil. Thus it is an occasion to show the goodness in all humans.